UHS Pharmacy LTD (UPL) is looking for a goods In administrator to be part of the team providing excellent, professional medicines dispensing service to the outpatients of Southampton General Hospital. Working within an outpatient’s pharmacy at a busy hospital is hugely rewarding, and we’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our friendly, expanding team.
UPL is a wholly owned subsidiary of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust. The pharmacy, located in the main foyer of Southampton General Hospital, provides a range of over-the-counter medicines and products, as well as pharmacy services for hospital staff, outpatients and visitors.
The Pharmacy is open Monday-Friday and Saturday mornings.
As a Goods In administrator, your role will include:
- Receiving deliveries from suppliers and manufacturers.
- Checking deliveries for accuracy against paperwork.
- Querying discrepancies and damaged stock with supplier/senior staff member.
- Securely storing stock into the allocated areas ensuring rotation of stock.
- Ensuring stock is accurately loaded into the robot, ensuring barcodes areadded as needed.
- Entering products onto the Pharmacy computer system.
- Querying computer stock level discrepancies with a senior member of staff.
- Filing paperwork.
- Removing expired, unwanted and overstocked drugs and inform a seniormember of staff.
- Ensuring ‘goods in area’ is kept clear and tidy throughout the day.
- Assisting with robot maintenance to ensure smooth running of operations.
- Full compliance with the company standards of conduct, terms and conditions.
- Complete other duties requested by Superintendent Pharmacist or Lead Technician to support the effective running of the Pharmacy.
We invite applications from candidates who are looking for full (40 hours a week) or part time (minimum 30hours).
You will possess the following:
- Be numerate and literate
- Be computer literate
- Have experience with stock controls and have ordering experience
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a positive and self-motivated attitude and friendly demeanour
- Ability to work well in a busy, pressured environment
- A drive to constantly improve the patient experience
- In return UHS Pharmacy Ltd will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Good holiday, pension scheme and staff discount scheme
- training and development
- Please note positions do not fall under Agenda for Change as UHS Pharmacy Ltd is a Limited Company.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, we’d encourage you to get in touch using the contact information at the bottom of this advert with any questions or if you would like to arrange an informal visit. Alternatively, if you’re ready to apply, please follow the link below to complete an application.
Interviews will be held on Monday 4th November 2019
Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large numbers of applications are received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of your application. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date of this post, please presume that you have not been selected for interview.
Applicants from University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust whose posts are considered to be ‘At Risk’ will be given prior consideration for this post
Our Trust runs the return to practice course each year for nurses who have been out of the profession and wish to return. To find out more please visit our website:
http://www.discoversouthampton.co.uk/ Information on Southampton as a place to live and enjoy
https://www.uhs-vle.co.uk/ See what fantastic training and development we have on offer at UHS
http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthamptonHospitals learn about the Trust through visiting our YouTube channel
Getting to Work
Application can be made for parking on site at UHS or through one of the park and ride schemes. This will be based on specific criteria to determine eligibility for site parking as this can be very limited. UHS encourages staff to utilise other green methods of getting to work such as cycling or walking where possible. UHS is well connected through bus services to the city centre and other areas.
Please note that we will not accept any applications or queries via agencies, under any circumstances.
Our staff are positive about working at UHS and rate us above average compared to other NHS Trusts in the Staff Attitude Survey. We are rated strongly on a number of areas including teamwork, communication and engagement.
Equality remains at the centre of all Trust policy making, service delivery and employment practice with all employees being given equality of opportunity to develop, apply for promotion and have working arrangements that enable them to achieve a manageable work-life balance.
The Trust actively promotes a work environment free from harassment and discrimination and provides training for managers and staff to ensure this happens. The Trust also closely monitors recruitment activity, training and development and employment practices to ensure equality of practice with regard to race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status and age.
As a service provider the Trust ensures equality of access and delivery of our services through the provision of interpreter services, facilities for the disabled and sensitivity for patients ethnic and religious differences and needs.
Relocating to Southampton
If you are thinking of moving to the Hampshire area, please find below a link to our website which offers guidance on finding accommodation:
The Trust is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
|Location:||United Kingdom Hampshire Southampton|
|Salary:||£17,652 per annum GBP per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.