Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $32.37 to $45.45 ph plus super
Requisition ID: REQ132212
Location: Bathurst NSW
Applications Close: 24 Oct 2019 - 11.59pm
We are unable to sponsor working visas for this position at this time.
About the opportunity
As a Registered Nurse on casual pool you will be called on at short notice to fill sick leave. This is a position that requires recent acute hospital experience in either Medical, Surgical or Rehab wards and provides an opportunity to diversify your nursing experience
The Registered Nurse is an integral part of the multidisciplinary healthcare team providing nursing care to patients/clients of the health service; and leading, directing and supervising other nurses and care roles in the team, such as Enrolled Nurses (EN), Assistants in Nursing (AIN) and student Registered Nurses (RN), to support quality care for patients/clients.
To find out more about work and life as an employee at Bathurst Health Service click here.
Bathurst is a city of contrasts; constantly evolving. Heritage-listed buildings and rich history fuse with world-class museums and galleries. Spectacular natural wonders co-exist with a modern cultural landscape. The food scene is innovative and signature events are of an international standard. Come and discover this dynamic and evolving regional city that’s full of authentic charm and heart. To find out more visit: https://www.bathurstregion.com.au/ .
Life at Western NSW Local Health District is rewarding, progressive and diverse.
At Bathurst Hospital, we have built a collaborative, people-focused culture. Our vision - Healthier Rural People - Thriving Communities - provides a benchmark for our partnership and leadership approach to improving the health and wellbeing of people living in regional and remote areas of New South Wales.
What we can offer you
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work practices
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with My Health Learningand the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you'll be working
Bathurst Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers.
For more information about the Western NSW Local Health District, watch our video!
To apply for this position, please address the following Selection Criteria
- Current Authority to Practise as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with the Registered Nurse Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nurses, and Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia).
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means; and sound interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people.
- An understanding of patient centred care and demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Recent acute hospital experience relevant to the position and commitment to quality improvement, practice development and evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, delegate, and negotiate with others to deliver quality nursing care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload and deliver care with integrity and accountability.
Need more information?
Help with your application
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible. For guidance with the application process, please visit our website page.
If the selection panel identifies a surplus of suitable candidates for the role, an eligibility list may be created where candidates may be offered casual, permanent or temporary full-time or part-time positions within the next 12 months.
This is a targeted position in accordance with GSE Rule 26: Employment of eligible persons. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to suitable Aboriginal applicants in order to improve access to employment and career opportunities. Aboriginal applicants will be required to demonstrate Aboriginality in addition to addressing the selection criteria. Applicants can upload their Confirmation of Aboriginality as an attachment to their application.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
The Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES) is working in partnership with the Western NSW Local Health District to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants wishing to apply for this role. For more information about this please contact Chantal Bates from the AES on 0458 301 956 or via email email@example.com or Abbey Orcher from the AES on 0408 663 482 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, applicants can visit our website for more information.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.